Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Linqpad and StreamInsight


Slightly before the announcement of StreamInsight being available for Linqpad I downloaded it from here.  I had seen Roman Schindlauer demonstrate it at Teched and it looked a really good tool to do some StreamInsight dev.   You will need .Net 4.0 and StreamInsight installed.
Here’s what you need to do after downloading and installing Linqpad.
Add a new connection
Opening Screen

The next thing we need to do is install and enable the StreamInsight driver.  Choose to view more drivers.
Add Driver

Choose StreamInsight

Choose StreamInsight

Select the driver after install

Driver Loaded

I have chosen the Default Context.

Default Context

And after all that I can finally get to writing my query.  This is a very simple query where I turn a collection (IEnumerable) into a PointStream.  After doing that I create 30 minute windows over the stream before outputting the count of events in each of those windows to the result window.

Query

I have played with Linqpad only a little but I think it is going to be a really good tool to get ideas developed and quickly.  I have also enabled Autcompletion (paid £25) and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment